Category: General Discussion
Forum Name: General
Forum Discription: General Discussion
URL: http://www.crossandcockade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=402
Printed Date: 07 Dec 2019 at 05:17
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: CCI Forum - your views, please!
Posted By: AndyK
Subject: CCI Forum - your views, please!
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 12:59
Hi All

We've had this forum live for two years. It's ticking along nicely and there's a fair few posts - but I'm wondering whether we're missing a trick. Could we provide you, the forum members, with a better service?

I'd encourage each and every one of you to post your thoughts. Are there features we don't offer - perhaps features you've seen on other forums that you'd like to be able to use here? Could the forums & topics be better structured? What would encourage you to post threads, and join in the chat??

Keep it clean - but please tell me what you think, and how you'd like to see it improve :-)

Andy

Replies:
Posted By: Paul R Hare
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 15:33
I think the forum works very well as it is.
Although it would be better with more active members. maybe it could be promoted more in the Journal.
Paul Hare.

Posted By: Alex Revell
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 17:20
Yes, more posters would be good. It seems to me to that  a lack of publicity is probably the cause. Much as I hate to say so, the layout of The Aerodrome site, with the various interests separately given: Aircraft; Camouflage and Markings; People; Books and Magazines etc is a good format.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 17:31
I did wonder about whether more or less sub-forums would be a benefit, as per TheAerodrome. We've actually got a few separate sections set up here - but it seems that more or less everyone posts in under "General" LOL

Andy

Posted By: Alex Revell
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 17:33
Yes, 'general' is perhaps a bit too general
Alex

Posted By: Errol Martyn
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 22:35
I for one would not like to see the introduction of too many sub-forums, certainly not as many as the 30 or so on the Aerodrome site (and some those with their own sub-forums as well). Sometimes folk post under an inappropriate one anyway and it goes unnoticed by others.

Sometimes less is more, KISS, etc!

Errol

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 07:43
I agree with Errol (not that I use any other forums)
Apart from official meeting notices etc I think every topic should be posted under general so that nobody misses it.
Paul.

Posted By: David Seymour
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:24
The great advantage of "General" is that people only have to look in one place to keep up to date with current discussion - so much easier and quicker than on forums where there are too many areas.

Perhaps if the number of members and posts grows to match the WFA forum at 976 and 13,000 or the vast Great War Forum at 42,000 members and 1.3 million posts it might be worth a re-think.

For now I am content with this forum as it is - easily accessible.

Hope this helps.

With best wishes,
David

Posted By: John-G
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 21:41

Would there be a case for a separate forum for pre and post WW1 Aviation.  I am presently researching a pre WW1 aerodrome that was not really used by the military and its use after ww1.

This could extend to aeroplanes that continued in service, Bristol’s, Snipes and others in Military or Civil service?

huckj

http://www.66squadron.co.uk - www.66squadron.co.uk

-------------
www.66squadron.co.uk

Posted By: DuffGenMerchant
Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 23:08
Concur with Errol.  Although I've only infrequently posted on The Aerodrome forum I've never been quite sure that I'm using the right section. 

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 08:28
What has happened to the forum?
After debating that we were basically happy with it how it was it has been changed and is now multi-coloured,!
And hacked at least as often as before.

-------------
Paul

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:25
Hi Paul
In an attempt to get rid of the spam problem, we've upgraded to the forum software to the latest version.

There's no major difference in the way it works - it should just be a little slicker & quicker - and (once implemented) the additional security may help reduce the bxxxxy spam. I'm also hoping that uploading images is going to be easier for members - one of the complaints we got about the previous version.

The colour changes are just to bring the look & feel of the forum in line with the rest of the CCI site - blues rather than the previous yellows.

Hopefully the changes we've made will improve matters without causing too much confusion - and aren't too painful to the eye :-)

Cheers!
AndyK

Bickerton, 70 Sqn

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 13:26
Hi Andy,
I thought it was pretty slick and quick already and really appeciate all the work you put in to keep it running, and junk free.

-------------
Paul

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk