The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Where they flew & where they fell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Alex Revell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Revell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:20
Andy,
I'm sorry about all the trouble you're having. I think it's possibly because when one makes a copy, Panasonic always asks it to be 'finalised'  so that it can be played on other makes of player. It didn't ask me to do that on the copy, so I assumed it would be OK. This might not be the reason you're having trouble, but it might give your expert a clue as to what to do. Is it because your PC will not play that particular file format? Why do you want to put it onto your PC. I was under the impression that you could copy it on your recorder.
Alex
John(txic) View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 11:31
AndyK,

When someone is doing you a favour, it's rude to push it.....   Smile

Thanks for your efforts, chaps!

John
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 08:18
Hi John

Good news! I managed to get a DVD-R copy off my tape, using a neighbour's VHS>DVD copier. I can run off a few copies over the weekend, and post one out to you next week. Can you send me your postal address?

Alex - the difference was getting it onto a DVD-R format disk, rather than the DVD-RAM you kindly provided; which I couldn't copy.

AndyK
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 09:02
Obliged - PM inbound.

Timing is great, as I'm off to Ypres with my local WFA next month.   I'm doing a Turn at Mendinghem about Lt Cameron, so it'll be good to see Proven before I go (if it's covered in the film, that is...).

John
KK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:14
Originally posted by AndyK AndyK wrote:

Hi John

Good news! I managed to get a DVD-R copy off my tape, using a neighbour's VHS>DVD copier. I can run off a few copies over the weekend, and post one out to you next week. Can you send me your postal address?

Alex - the difference was getting it onto a DVD-R format disk, rather than the DVD-RAM you kindly provided; which I couldn't copy.

AndyK
Geek
Nothing else to do today Andy?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Revell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:30
Morning Andy,
Yes, all those formats are very confusing. Minus this, plus that, ROMs, RAMs, CDs,DVDs. Some one can add to, some one can't. I suppose they all have a function, but  shame they haven't been standadised by now, would save us all a load of grief.
Still. pleased you've solved it at last.
Alex

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 15:45
Much obliged - plays beautifully, thanks.

Please let me recompense you both for postage and cost of the DVD.

John
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 16:37
Not a problem - no recompense required - I'm grateful to you for prompting me to get it sorted! It's something I've been thinking about doing for a while.

Alex - let me know if you'd like a copy :-)

Andy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 16:55
If I ever get to a C & C Meeting, I'll buy you a drink!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Revell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 17:32
Andy, Thanks, but no need. I have a copy on my recordwers hard drive.
Pleased it all worked out in the end - for everybody. Have a look at http://vimeo.com/59376506#. brilliant!
Alex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic