The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Where they flew & where they fell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 12:51
Just heard back from Trevor Foreman and Chris Page - they're happy or us to rip their video to DVD, so long as it's "for personal use only".

Alex - if the offer's still open, I can post you my copy?

Andy
Alex Revell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Revell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 13:22
Andy,
Sure, post me a copy and I'll do my best.
Regards
Alex
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 13:26
On it's way this afternoon :-)
Andy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Revell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 16:53
Andy, the VHS arrived yeasterday and I spent the entire afternoon trying to transfer it on to DVD without any success. I did a VHS-DVD transfer when I first had the recorder, back in November, and followed exactly what I did then - I'd taken the precaution of writing the instructions down - but it just wouldn't do it. Why do these all dancing, all singing gadgets have to be so complicated. On my old machine I only had to load the VHS, plus a DVD, press two buttons and the whole thing was done. The annoying thing about it all is that the manual is worse than useless, almost impossible to understand unless one is  Japanese with a degree in engineering. I know the problem only too well when a screen don't come up as the manual says it should. There's an initial stage one should do first, which they forget to mention. Anyway, I'll ring the store tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to sort it out for me.
Alex
John(txic) View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 18:13
Chaps,

I seem to have put you all to a heap of trouble....

Sorry!   Smile
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 15:43
Alex
If it's all proving to be a techno-pain, let me have the VHS back and I'll see what I can do up here. I discovered yesterday that a neighbour also has one of these machines - and if all else fails I can rip it to my PC and create a DVD from there.
Don't stress Smile
Cheers,
Andy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 16:00
I think I owe you all a drink....
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Revell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 17:41
Andy,
I spoke to my supplier this morning and when one of their chaps is next  in the area he's going to call in and sort it out. So I'd ask you to be patient for a little longer. The store couldn't understand why it wouldn't work as per the manual, but weren't surprised that it didn't!
Alex
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(txic) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 08:50
Gentlemen,

Any joy?  
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 20:25
Hi John
I admire your patience Thumbs Up
Alex created the DVD and sent it on, but while I can read it on my DVD player I can't copy it on my PC. Annoying. I've spent another an hour on it this afternoon, with no success - so am seeking advice. If I send you the only copy we have I'm passing the buck to you - which I don't really want!
As soon as I can resolve the problem, I'll send you a copy - we're getting close!
AndyK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic