The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question on RNAS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Santy_RS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santy_RS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question on RNAS
    Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 11:32
Dear mates:

I would to know which kind of seaplanes and aeroplanes were flight by the RNAS at the beginning of the war. I know that some were Short, Wight and Sopwith but i dont know the types.

Thanks in advance.
brackles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brackles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 11:36
Big question!

My advice (for what its worth) would be to search the internet for a used copy of the Putnam title 'British Naval Aircraft 1912 to 1958' by Owen Thetford. They can found quite cheaply.
NickForder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickForder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 12:47
I seem to think that the Journal has covered this.

For full details see "Royal Navy Aircraft Serials and Units 1911-1919", by Ray Sturtivant & Gordon Page, Air-Britain available via www.air-britain.co.uk
Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic