The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New here and a request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poprivit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poprivit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here and a request
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 21:22
Just joined the forum, and already I'm asking for something!

My grandfather, Lt. D.E. White, flew the last night bombing mission in WWI.  His Handley Page 0/400 bombed a German aerodrome at Frezkarty (sp) the night before the armistice was signed.

I'm looking for a good photo of the HP 0/400 to use in an article.  Proper credit will be given.  I need around 300 dpi for publication.

If you have an excellent photo, some money can be worked out.  I have three copies of Annals of 100 Squadron, two reprints and an original 1919 book.  I could be talked into parting with one of the reprints for a very modest sum.  The original was my grandfather's and I cannot sell it.

Thanks in advance.
Tom Murphy
Las Vegas, NV
poprivit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poprivit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 00:12
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 17:36
If it's any use, I have a period postcard showing a Handley Page bomber in the air at night time which is rather nice, i'd be happy to scan that in for you

Best regards, Rob
poprivit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poprivit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 18:43
Rob - yes, yes, yes.  Send to tfmurphy3@yahoo.com.  Hi-res scan pls - 300 dpi or better.  The magazines won't use anything smaller.

Much thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic