The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIRCRAFT OF WORLD WAR I 1914-1918

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AIRCRAFT OF WORLD WAR I 1914-1918
    Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 14:16

AIRCRAFT OF WORLD WAR I 1914-1918

Jack Herris and Bob Pearson

Amber books Ltd, Bradley’s Close, 74-77 White Lion Street, London N1 9PF.
192pp, 195×246mm, hardback.

ISBN 978-1-906626-66-2, £ 19.99.

Click on the cover to buy from Amazon!

At first glance, I thought that this was just another book of aircraft profiles, but when I used it to check what I thought was a typo in another book, I found it really useful. I looked Fokker D.VIII up in the Index, and there was the information I wanted. The book covers Units, organisational tables, orders of battle, production figures and lists of Aces, as well as more than 250 (excellent) profiles and full specifications of every major aircraft type flown on every front. The book also has a lucid entertaining text about the War. Not only aircraft are covered; the use of airships, observation balloons and seaplanes is explored in detail, and there are pieces on the development of large strategic bombers, like the Ilya Muromets and the Handley Page type O. I like this book very much and it is going to stay close at hand, for reference purposes. It is also well priced.

GM Vollume 42 Number 1

Edited by AndyK - 27 Apr 2011 at 14:25
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic