The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SE5A F929

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SE5A F929
    Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 13:22
Thanks  Malcolm.
Huckj
Malcolm_raf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm_raf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 13:05
It just states that 'Army Pay Office, Winchester' was allocated to SE5A, F929 - no further information given
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 19:48
Malcolm,

I  mention that is listed in Gifts of War, but you or any one have a copy of what they say?

HuckJ

Malcolm_raf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm_raf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 19:21
Hi HuckJ

It is listed as a presentation machine in 'Gifts of War'

Malcolm
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 20:49

If some one could check out the following I would appreciate it very much.

I found this photograph of F929 with the inscription “Army Pay Office Winchester”.  I have checked Air Britain’s SE5A File and rather confusingly the have a photo of the aeroplane  with a caption saying it was with 29 Sqn at Bickendorf in 1919, and in the serials listing the have it as 92 Sqn (typo here) and then 8 AAP Lympne.  So was it attached to the Army Pay Office as a hack, note the over wing gun has been removed although the mount and trigger mechanism remain.  If any one has a copy of Gifts of War - 'Presentation Aircraft' in Two World Wars by Henry Boot and Ray Sturtivant could they check to see if it is listed?

Thanks

HuckJ

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic