The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Flying Boats over Rochester" by David Ellwood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jonathan Saunders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Flying Boats over Rochester" by David Ellwood
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 13:37
Just a heads-up for those of you with a particular interest in Flying Boats or the Shorts Brothers. 

I have just purchased a copy of this new book by David Ellwood that covers the history of Shorts Brothers from the early days of ballooning up until the end of the Flying Boat era, including production of their WW1 aircraft and WW2 Stirlings.

David Ellwood is an aviation artist and the book is extensively illustrated with his drawings and paintings, as well as providing a succinct narrative history.  Ellwood worked for Shorts on Sterling bombers during WW2 and then served in the R.A.F. and the aviation industry.

Its published by Piccadilly Rare Books andI thought worth the cover price for the illustrations alone.

I have no connection to the author or the publishing company etc, although I did meet the author last weekend at a book signing and jolly interesting it was too to have a lengthy conversation with him about his formative days at Shorts.

Regards,

Jonathan S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic