The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Bros. T-2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NickForder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickForder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 16:27
Jim
Aeroplanes of the RFC (Military Wing), JM Bruce, published here by Putnams is the 'must have' for British WW1 aircraft research.

The Norman Thompson File is available at :
C&CI members used to get the Air-Britain members' rate discount on book, though I don't know whether that is the case still ? 

The Speed Seekers tends to be quite expensive, though places like Amazon have copies at a range of prices.

If you are visiting the Curtiss Museum, I'd be very interested to know if they have any information about the role the Honourable Maurice Egerton played there during the latetr part of the Great War.  I believe that he was seconded from the RNAS to act as some sort of quality control officer for H12s ordered for the Admiralty, but any details would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Nick  
JRNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 03:24
Thank you much, Nick.  I'm going to be away for awhile so I copied your posts into a file that I can get back to later.  I appreciate the information.  I will certainly be going to the Curtiss museum, but not till the fall; I will ask your question then.

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic