The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lt L A T Strange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lt L A T Strange
    Posted: 16 May 2009 at 21:26
Kass,

Many thanks It was a long shot.  Strange - If you have a look at my earlier post asking about the identification of the pow's he is the man 4th from the left back row.

HuckJ
Kass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 21:06
Hi Huck,

Unfortunately, it is blank.

Regards,
K
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 21:05
Kass,

You did find the right man! Leslie Arthur Trew Strange was a member of the Royal Aero Club and his record card confirms that his home address was  in West Byfleet.
Excellent stuff!

HuckJ

John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 20:02
Kass,

Many thanks for the reply, if you are right and I have no reason to belive that you are not.  I have not found the right man. 

One other item, if it is not going to cost you any money, could you look up the medal card for J Bedford s/n 10622.  I have a copy of the front from the NA but I would be interested if there is an address on the other side.

Many thanks

HuckJ

Kass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 19:53
Hi Huck,
I believe the following fits your man...

Name: Leslie Arthur T Strange
Oct-Nov-Dec  1894 
District: Lewisham 
Volume: 1d  Page: 1171 

In 1901 he was living with his parents, Arthur M and Margaret at 70 Granville Park, Lewisham, London

In 1911 it looks like he was away at school in Steyning, Sussex.  His parents are in Lewisham.

Marriage Jul-Aug-Sept 1921 to: Marjorie Haley or Clegg 
Wandsworth
Volume: 1d Page: 1447

From his medal card, he was living at Whincroft, Woodside Lane, Ryton, Co. Durham most probably in 1924.

Regards,
K

John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 12:46

Strange was flying a FE2b from 11 Squadron on the 31 March 1917 when he was shot down with 2/Lt W G T Clifton.

I would like to know where he lived; does any one know where Strange was from?

HuckJ

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic