The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRITISH AIRCRAFT PROPELLERS IN WWI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRITISH AIRCRAFT PROPELLERS IN WWI
    Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 10:21

BRITISH AIRCRAFT PROPELLERS IN WWIDESIGN AND MANUFACTURE OF BRITISH AIRCRAFT PROPELLERS IN WWI

Lt Col Bob Gardner

Circadian (UK) Ltd, Barnsdale House, Barnsdale Mews, Campsall, Doncaster DN6 9RH

147pp, 165×235mm, hardback.

ISBN 978-0-9557924-1-0 ,GB£36.00.

Available from aeroclocks@btinternet.com, or 01302 707553.

Most of this information has previously been available on CD. Now, thanks to ‘print on demand’ (and possibly the nagging of your reviewer and others) this beautiful book has been produced. It contains all the information on the CD plus more and is a comprehensive record of a very important subject. Not only that, it is intended to be the first of a series about not only British, but also German manufacturers.  When I tell you that the author has so far discovered 124 makers, you will realise what a vast amount of research has gone into what is destined to be the standard work on the subject. Despite this being a highly technical work, I (a technophobe) found it easy and stimulating to read. The quality of the art paper on which it is printed, and the wonderful illustrations make it a joy to handle. We are lucky that Gardner has gone to the trouble of collating virtually all the information there is on propellers and generations of historians and book lovers will be grateful. And I am sure that this publication will inspire some of us to add to the mass of information already collected, to enhance future editions.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic