The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Captain A. L (Scruffy) Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brackles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brackles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain A. L (Scruffy) Robinson
    Posted: 09 May 2009 at 18:07
Thanks Andy.
The info you posted was that which I'd already found in the CCI Digest. I think Scruffy was born in Barnsbury Islington and at one time was a Sgt in the RFC but have nothing to corroborate this. I wonder if the pub he ran still exists.

AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 13:37

Posted on behalf of Nick Forder - we'll get him back on line with us shortly :-)

ROBINSON Capt AL "Scruffy"

Joined Berkshire Aviation Company January 1920

Pilot, Daimler Hire  (Daimler Airways) from the Summer of 1922

1 April 1924 Pilot Imperial Airways Ltd (following incorporation of Daimler Airways in to Imperial)

Retired to run pub

Joined Air Transport Auxiliary as a multi-engine instructor in 1941

brackles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brackles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 14:35

I have unearthed some Imperial Airways picture postcards each with a photo of one of the original staff pilots - identifiable by their signatures included within the image.  Much has been written about many of these heroes but I have not been able to find much about Scruffy Robinson e.g.  WW1 service, etc. I have found a few lines in CCI Digest 855 by Nick Forder who stated that he left Imperial to run a pub.  I'd be interested in any other info.

I have one or two duplicates I would be willing to exchange to complete the "set" if anyone is interested.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic