The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roden Airco DH2 released here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roden Airco DH2 released here
    Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 18:46

G’day Bob,

I’m sure you’re way ahead of me on this. I just received Squadron’s May 2009 Flyer in the post today that pictures the Roden 1:32 scale Royal Flying Corp’s Airco DH2 Lattice-Tail Pusher on the back cover as available. That’s tempting since it’s one of my favorite except I have my cap set for a Wingnut Wing's version and hope it’s not to far down their queue. Smile

Cheers,

Paddy  

Edited by Paddy - 27 Apr 2009 at 18:47
bobs_buckles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobs_buckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 21:34
Paddy,
 I will be holding out for the Wingnut DH2.
Happy birthday BTW.
Von Buckle Thumbs Up
Paddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 21:43
Originally posted by bobs_buckles bobs_buckles wrote:

Paddy,
 I will be holding out for the Wingnut DH2.
Happy birthday BTW.
Von Buckle Thumbs Up

We're of like minds on the DH2 then.  

Thanks for the BD wish. It's hard to believe until I look in the mirror.LOL

Paddy
CeeJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 11:36
Hi All

just joined the forum, my main interest is radio control scale model aircraft predominantly from WW1 and i saw this heading and thought you may like to see my DH2, its a 1/3 scale Model flown all over the UK and last year to Germany, of again in 2012 too, as part of the national Dawn Patrol WW1 re enactment group see our website dawnpatroluk, any how here goes with my first picture upload

i hope you like, as i say its 1/3 scale making it 114 inch span at 22 kgs and as such is required of an exemption from the CAA to fly in public as over 20 kgs is deemed to be a small aircraft, it required build inspections and a test flight programe observed and passed of by an appointed inspector done via the Large Model Assosiation on the CAA,s behalf, it is powerd by a 62 cc twostroke engine driveing the 32x14 propellor through a 1.75;1 reduction unit and a 225 mm long extension shaft to keep the motor in fromt of the balance point,this also enables a fully rotating dummy le-rhone engine to finish off the illusion, apologies for the lack of a pilot at this point it was in its test flight sequence and he was still under construction.

cheers all

chris
   Chris
CeeJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 11:44
well that semmed to work ok so here,s a couple more.

starting the machine, me on the left.

chris
CeeJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 11:46
and finaly landing

thanks for looking

chris
paulbardell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbardell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 12:32

Very nice C.J. - where can i see her flying in 2012?

Paul

CeeJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 15:18
Hi Paul

the first time out in public will probably be at Stow Maries Aerodrome 100 years of RFC event first weekend in may as part of the Dawn Patrol display team. SM is the adopted home of Dawn Patrol as its the only virtualy complete WW1 airfield in the UK, undergoing complete restoration to its operating days of 1916, the two midlands events we will be at Weston Park model Airshow in june, Cosford Large Model Airshow in July,we will be at many events up and down the UK from essex to bristol, lincolnshire to wales, even upto yorkshireWink and our furthest one will be to Germany near Bonn.   googleing Dawn Patrol will get you our website, and youtube search for DH2 at Stow Maries will get you a video of it flying.

regards

chris                 chris.poyser@ntlworld.com for any info
CeeJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 15:21
just noticed your from Leicester area, we will also be at the Victory show 2012, 8th/9th september i believe http://www.thevictoryshow.co.uk/ 

cj
paulbardell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulbardell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 08:27
CeeJay

Many thanks for the info - we will definitely be at the Victory Show - that's a weekend we never miss.

We will also try to get to Cosford for the Large Model Show -  will also check out  the Dawn Patrol web site thanks for the link.

Looks like a trip to Essex is also on the cards for next year.

Many thanks

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic