The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Old Hammer Pusher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pastbe4us View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastbe4us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Old Hammer Pusher
    Posted: 31 May 2010 at 06:33
Hello All

My name is Rick and I must admit I have an ulterior motive for visiting this great site. My friend and I are currently involved in a historical research of his Granddad's old WW1 and pre-WW1 aviation photos.

If you want to get an enthusiast of early aircraft really enthusiastic just tell him you have photos of aircraft that pre-date WW1! Before everyone joined the party!

We like to think our photos are special, and we have sent them to Germany to prove they are special by having a man with great knowledge study them, and present them on a website to be named in the future when the job is complete.

In the meantime, air fans, we are searching for a very rare photograph of an early plane, The Krollman and Hammer Pusher. Mr. Krollman and Mr. Hammer built their planes in Hannover, they produced only four, we have pictures of 3 of 4 and you may see them at The Aerodrome on the link provided below.

Hermann was a mechanic, pilot and flight instructor for the German Air Force in WW1. He did other things as well, but I will not make any claims that I can not substantiate here and now, so, you will have to be patient until the project is complete. However, per our researcher I am told we have the only action shots of a Halberstadt CL.II, performing loop de loops and barrel rolls, against the advice of it's engineers. This was an early ground attack aircraft, it wasn't  built for dogfighting.

It's been a very cool project so far, as we didn't really know what we had, except that they were old and rare. Whenever we presumed we had something, it was nothing, however, four little snapshots of a little plane doing rolls, that was something! For example: we have one picture of a handsome pilot with black hair and wearing a full-length fur coat. On the rear of the picture, faintly written was one word: Immelmann. Even rookie historians like us know who Immelmann was! The Blue Max, right! Wrong. His name was Zimmermann, and he was a pilot who, unfortunately, was killed a few weeks after our ace Max. So, no Blue Max for us. But the project goes on with more discoveries to be made.

Thank You and please keep an eye out the the old Hammer Pusher.  You may view pictures of Krollmann and Hammer's other creations here:

Thank You Rick Bentz

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic