The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WW1 scale Model section?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
bobs_buckles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobs_buckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WW1 scale Model section?
    Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 21:51
Hello all,
 Apart from reading about the Great War I also like to make scale Aircraft from that period. Would it be possible to add a model section to this forum as I'm sure it would be a great way of attracting new members to the forum.
Please take a look at my current project.
The model is the 1/32 scale Roden kit. I'm nearly finished with this one, just the clear varnish and wooden base to sit the old girl on and that will be that.
Hans Klein Jasta 10 Pfalz DIII 
Cheers, Wink
Bob

AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 08:12
hi Bob
Lovely models - and great photos too :-)
I will open a modeller's forum, and will transfer your post in there - probably tonight when I get time.
Tell your mates!!!
Andy
Paddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 22:52
Good evening to you Robert and that lovely Pfalz DIII. Picked up on your hint and came straight away. Grand to see that Andy is going to setup a modeller's forum. I'll wait until Andy has that established then I'll ask the question I have concerning some of the cockpit details in the SE.5a.

Looking forward to joining you all here.

Note to Andy. Here's one of Bob's mates. Love those WW I kites in full size or scale.Smile  

Cheers,
Paddy   
bobs_buckles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobs_buckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 23:46
Hello Sir Paddy,
 Looks like my hint paid off. Clap
I look forward to the model section and hopefully with it, more members.
TTFN.
Mr Buckles
Grain Kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grain Kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 23:52
Hi Bob, if you're into WW1 models a good place to visit is http://www.wwi-models.org
This is hosted by Allan Wright, who also ran the cci mailing list
It's also the web page for the IPMS (USA) Great War International Cyber Chapter - GWICC- for short. We often have displays at model shows around the country, eg Yeovilton, Cosford, Hinckley, Plymouth this year, next is at Hendon on 31st May
Steve
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 16:58
Hi Steve

We're not looking to compete with Allan - or nick members of his excellent modelling list. Feel free to post here too, if you feel it's appropriate ...

Welcome to the CCI Forum.

Cheers!

Andy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grain Kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 21:03
Hi Andy, I don't regard the list and this forum as mutually exclusive, indeed if you look at the display at Hinckley  http://pic.atpic.com/1320372/600 , you'll see a certain organisations flyer on the table.

This is my latest completed model

Staaken R.VI
Davef68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davef68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 21:56
Show them the Kitten Steve!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grain Kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 21:35
What, this one?
http://u2513.direct.atpic.com/17921/0/1271435/600.jpg

This link should work
https://picasaweb.google.com/117946054207297664453/SteveCox?feat=flashslideshow#5862280923401879938

Three kitten, Grain Kitten at left, Eastchurch Kitten centre, and Martin Kitten at right

Edited by Grain Kitten - 07 Mar 2015 at 18:52
CeeJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 11:53
Hi all

posted most of this in DH2 post below but thought it cant hurt in here too.
 my 1916 DH2

will be flying at Stow Maries WW1 airfield as part of the 100 years of RFC celebrations in May 2012 as part of the Dawn Patrol WW1 display team, thats me on the left!

regards

chris

Edited by CeeJay - 07 Dec 2011 at 11:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic