The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James Basil Cowan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: James Basil Cowan
    Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 19:31

Does any one have any information on the above.  Cowan was from Melbourne Australia and was killed on 3/10/1918 whilst serving with 48 squadron. 

I do not need to know how he died, I am looking for any information that might tell me if he severd in the Australian army prior to joining the RFC.

Many thanks

huckj

Errol Martyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Errol Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 23:02
John,

There is no WWI file for James Basil Cowan held by National Archives of Australia, according to their website. There are a number of James Cowan files, all digitised and online should you wish to check them.

Errol
John-G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 07:01
Errol,

I have checked a couple of James Cowan files in the Australian archives and alsothe NA  for an AIR76 with out success.

Cheers
huckj

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic