The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I have a 'P', Bob ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NickForder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickForder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I have a 'P', Bob ?
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 13:57
I have vbeen asked about the fitting of pee tubes to WW1 British aeroplanes.

Such things are commonly found in Vulcans, Shackletons and even Belvedere helicopters, but my assumption was that the endurance of most WW1 aircraft was too short to make such things 'worthwhile'.

However, flying boats patrolled for quite some while, a Handley Pages and Gothas were airborne for some while, so presumably some provision was made ?

Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks
Nick 
WrightBrother View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WrightBrother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 11:07
Nick, I don't know much about Gosport Tubes, but I do know a little about 'P' tubes.  The attached pic, I hope, shows one from a Horsa glider, which carried 28 soldiers, so the tube must have seen a fair amount of use! ConfusedShocked.

Peter W.
NickForder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickForder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:56
Peter
Many thanks for this.

I have something similar, though shinier and complete with rubber bag, in the Belvedere here.

Do you know of anything similar being used in Felixstowe boats, for instance ?
Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic