The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DSM and all that

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dogzbody View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogzbody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DSM and all that
    Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 21:07
Evening all,
                     Well spotted Adrian, the DSM is a Naval award and easy to confuse with the DCM.
I have read errors in recent publications, although not memoirs such as Skill & Devotion but by historians who should take more care and time in their research.
I am still not convinced a German General was killed in a Gotha raid on Folkestone, see Gen von Armin discussion.
Neither am I convinced by another British author that SE5a's were "armed with two Vickers guns"  perhaps he saw Hells Angel's.  Sopwith Camel's "were armed with twin Lewis guns"  about a dozen out of over 5,000 F.1's were fitted with twin Lewis.
" Capt L.G Daviies was the last airman to be killed at Fairlop"  Three more Lads went west after him.
It was not Capt Hawkwill and Lieut Brooks of 44 Sqn who shot the Gotha down at Billericay, it was Hackwill and Banks. These were four of six errors in one chapter. 
The sad fact is after nearly 50 years of C&C and like minded organisations I am still reading the 'phoney facts' I read in 1930 pulp magazines.            TTFN      Dogzbody
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic