The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9 Squadron RFC 1917

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9 Squadron RFC 1917
    Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 20:36
Hi, I came across this forum when reading an excellent article by Peter Dye in RAF Air Power Review of 2004 on 9 Squadron. He quotes various sources including Reminiscences of Lt GSB Fuller. These were published in C&K USA vol 10 No 1 pp34-54 1969.  Would it be possible to get hold of a copy of this please?
  My interest is in a pilot of the squadron late 1917 where I have a photocopy log book and some poor quality copy photos. One photo is of Fuller and his name appears as observer in the log book. I am assuming it is the same man.
  Any help much appreciated. Have I registered to the right forum ?
Charlie

Edited by charlief - 08 Apr 2016 at 20:49
Morris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 13:48

Charlie,

Welcome to the forum. For back numbers of Cross and Cockade USA you need to visit  The League of WWI Aviation Historians site at overthefront.com where hard copies are still available.

charlief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 20:20
Morris,  thanks for your reply; a quick look at the site shows they have the number available. As I read it it is 25 dollars for the full year's issues (4) plus postage. I didn't see an electronic option so I might just have to fork out! It is headed 'back seat reminiscences' so I'm sure it is the same man.
Charlie
Morris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 11:47
I forgot to mention the forum at theaerodrome.com. A name search there might bring more info.
charlief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 20:41
Thanks Morris.  I've tried theaerodrome but with little success on this subject.
Charlie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic