The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RAF FE2b/d & Variants in RFC, RAF, RNAS, & AFC Ser
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAF FE2b/d & Variants in RFC, RAF, RNAS, & AFC Ser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAF FE2b/d & Variants in RFC, RAF, RNAS, & AFC Ser
    Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 12:07
RAF FE2b/d & Variants in RFC, RAF, RNAS, & AFC Service
by the Royal Air Force Museum in collaboration with Cross & Cockade International

Click on the cover to buy through Cross & Cockade!
200pp, 210×295mm, softback, ISBN 9780955573415. £30.00 in UK, £32.50 Europe and surface rest of world; £38.15 air mail rest of world, all inc. p&p, from the Sales Manager or via the website

Produced to complement the unveiling of the RAF Museum’s Fee, this can only be described as a masterpiece. The combined resources of the Society and the Museum have produced the definitive history of the subject aircraft, and all concerned are to be congratulated.

What I really liked as well is the readability of the first third of the book. This is a series of stunning essays from some of the greatest experts in the world, covering all aspects of the Fee story. Comparisons are odious, but I liked the contributions of Paul R. Hare even more than the others. I find it incredible that this pre war design was the longest serving aircraft in the RFC and at some stages of the War was a huge part of the RFC’s inventory. And that as soon as the War ended, it virtually vanished.

Then we have a wonderful section on airframe development, graced with Mick Davis’ lovely drawings. After that there are the most comprehensive listings of Serials and Aircrew that I have ever seen. The vast number of photographs is excellent, although many are of crashed aircraft. Lots have come from the underexploited resources of the RAF Museum, and have not been previously seen. This book will sell even faster than the Nieuport one.

GM Volume 40 Number 3

Edited by AndyK - 30 Nov 2009 at 20:14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic