The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay vendor Selling WW1 German Recce Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bernoullis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernoullis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay vendor Selling WW1 German Recce Photos
    Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 12:33
Greetings all!  I thought you might be interested in this German Ebay vendor who has some interesting items for sale, several of which are WW1 German recce photos.  Mind you, they are not cheap, but they are interesting historical items.  I actually bagged one for myself and it arrived yesterday - a fascinating photo of an RFC/RAF airfield directly connected with the pilot we are researching, with his squadron's aircraft actually on the field!  

The vendor also has postcards and other items of the era, so worth a look.

If you are interested in filtering the recce photos from the vendors other sales, once you are in Ebay try searching for "Luftaufnahme 1WK" which appears in many of the sales titles (means 'aerial view WW1', I believe ...).

Best of luck!   Thumbs Up

PS:  Of perhaps particular interest are these 2 photos, which appear to be the same 19 Sqn SPAD VII B1627.  This was shot down by AA near Harnes, on the north-east side of Lens, on 19.5.1917 and Lt Stanley Frank Allabarton taken POW.  Note the damaged propellor.  Given the other German recce photos the vendor is selling I would say that it is likely these 2 pics are post-capture?
Here and here.

Edited by Bernoullis - 24 Jan 2015 at 12:50
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic