The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLondon Meetings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London Meetings
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 16:23
I'm hoping to start attending the London Meetings now i've joined C&C, starting with the one on 25th September. In the Journal it mentions the start at 7.30, does anyone know how long they normally go on for? I'd ideally like to stay till the end, don't want to have to rudely rush out in the middle of it to get my train home!
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 18:57
Hi Rob

It's a while (too long ...) since I attended one of our London meetings, but as I recall they usually wrap up at around 21:00. There's always the opportunity to stay behind and natter!

Maybe Jeff Hargrave will chip in and provide the up to date news?

Cheers,

Andy
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 15:02
Just to let everyone know that Ivor Dallinger from Stow Maries has been forced to cancel his talk on 25th September.

Never daunted, Jeff has ensured that this meeting WILL go ahead, with Mike Meech kindly stepping up at the last minute to offer his talk on "Contact Patrols: Problems and Solutions".

Ivor has promised to reschedule!!
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 19:38
Thanks for the update - definitely still up for attending. Also, silly question - is there a dress code, 'no shirt no service' sort of thing?
AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 21:30
Hi Rob

No - no dress code - anything (within reason) seems to be acceptable Smile
Adrian Roberts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 01:15
Its probably better to assume 9.30 as being the end of the talk. We don't usually start properly until about 8.00.

Unfortunately I won't be able to be at this one on 25th Sept, but I do hope to be at the October and November ones.

Adrian
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 12:06
Thanks - unfortunately i'm unable to come this Friday too, but hope to in the future
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic